Connecting to Northwest Nexus via Windows XP
1. Click on Start, then Settings, then Network and Dial-up Connections.
2. Under Network Tasks, click Create a New Connection.
3. Click Next, then click Connect to the Internet.
4. On the next screen, choose Connect using a Dial-up Modem, then click Next.
5. For ISP Name, enter whatever you prefer to name this connection. We recommend naming it NW Nexus. Click Next.
6. Locate a phone number on our phone number list. Enter this number into the field, including area code. Please verify this is a local phone call using your touch-tone phone before dialing for the first time. Northwest Nexus is not responsible for long distance charges incurred by calling a non-local phone number. Click Next to proceed.
7. On the next screen, if you're prompted, create the connection for All Users, and click Next.
8. On the next screen, enter your logon name. You may enter your password as well, although this can be done later as well. We do not recommend enabling the built-in firewall services, so uncheck this box and click Next. The other checkboxes are OK to leave as-is.
9. The final screen informs you the connection is successfully created. Click the box Add a shortcut to this connection on my desktop. Click Finish.
10. Locate the newly created icon on your desktop. It will have the name you created in Step 5. Double-click the connection, then enter your username and password (if not already entered). Click Connect, and in a few moments, you'll be online! Test your connection by opening Internet Explorer and browsing to www.msn.com or www.yahoo.com.
|Return to FAQ Index||Return to Topic Index|